Injured in a car accident? Call JT Legal Group - Your Victory Starts Here.
. . Designed by Frederick Cumberland using Norman and Romanesque Revival styles University College's was completed in 1859 The University of Toronto (U of T) has embraced dramatic design and monumentalism and its prominent location at the centre of the city has given its structures a wide impact Built up over almost two centuries the university's buildings cover a wide range of styles the Collegiate Gothic style was embraced for many of the earliest buildings such as Hart House Trinity College and Burwash Hall but there are also examples of almost all the Victorian revival styles on campus in recent decades the university has built examples of modernism such as McLennan Physical Laboratories; brutalism such as Robarts Library; and postmodernism such as the graduate house by Pritzker Architecture Prize winner Thom Mayne Sir Norman Foster designed the University of Toronto's Leslie L Dan Pharmacy Building which is home to the largest pharmacy faculty in Canada it was completed in 2006 The other two major universities York and Ryerson Universities have largely been built in more recent years and have fewer architectural monuments Ryerson was long mostly hidden within the downtown streetscape with the Brutalist library podium and Jorgensen Hall complex being one half block east of Yonge Street but since the 1990s an unprecedented building project has greatly expanded the campus and made it much more visible York like many of the universities that largely came into being in the 1950s and 1960s has mostly eschewed monumentalism in pursuit of less dramatic but more egalitarian architecture particularly Brutalist architecture such as the Scott Library The Ontario College of Art and Design for many years confined to a series of comparatively unprepossessing buildings in the western part of downtown was transformed in 2004 by the addition of the Will Alsop's Sharp Centre of Design it consists of a black and white speckled box suspended four storeys off the ground and supported by a series of multi-coloured pillars at different angles Museums. Toronto Ontario Canada Business directory 1901 2,182,947 +3.2%. ; . . .
. . The Ryerson Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (formerly Faculty of Engineering Architecture & Science) is one of Canada's largest engineering faculties with over 4,000 undergraduate students enrolled in 9 bachelor's degree programs (19 when including options/specializations) and over 500 graduate students in 15 master's and 5 doctoral degree programs. Ryerson's Aerospace Computational Laboratory is a node for the High Performance Computational Virtual Laboratory for the Greater Toronto Area the HPCVL is an interuniversity high-speed computation network which acts as a virtual supercomputer providing the intensive computation power needed in the solution of complex problems in engineering and other disciplines Ryerson University's Department of Architectural Science is housed in a building at 325 Church Street designed by the prominent Canadian architect Ronald Thom (Ryersonian) it offers a program in architecture accredited by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board at the bachelor level (B.Arch.) and the master's level (M.Arch.) The Centre for Computing and Engineering opened in September 2004 and is a state-of-the-art science technology and research facility spanning almost an entire city block in downtown Toronto the building was renamed the George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre in November 2005 Ryerson researchers in the engineering and science disciplines have earned prestigious Premier's Research Excellence Awards (PREA) Canada Research Chairs NSERC Industrial Research Chair a biomedical engineering program started at Ryerson in fall 2008 is the first such program in Canada The faculty hosts the Centre for Urban Energy CUE is co-sponsored by Hydro One Ontario Power Authority and Toronto Hydro the centre focuses on energy research and urban energy challenges Faculty of Science, School of Image Arts 7.1.3 Desjardins Canal. 11 Forward Jon Bakero (on loan to Phoenix Rising) Spain 9.3.7 CONCACAF Champions League Golden Boot 2 Topography. First Nations fishing camps were established around the waterways of Toronto as early as 1,000 BCE by 500 CE up to 500 people lived along each of the three major rivers of Toronto (Don Humber and Rouge River). Early on First Nations communities had developed trails and water routes in the Toronto area These led from northern and western Canada to the Gulf of Mexico One trail known as the "Toronto Passage" followed the Humber River northward as an important overland shortcut between Lake Ontario and the upper Great Lakes A map of the region with Ganatsekwyagon and other areas highlighted along the Rouge Trail c 1673 Teiaiagon is shown west Ganatsekwyagon New crops including corn sunflowers and tobacco were introduced into the area from the south around 600 CE the introduction of these crops saw large societal shifts in the area; including a change in diet and the formation of semi-permanent villages in order to farm these crops. Inhabitants of these semi-permanent villages moved out during parts of the year to hunt fish and gather other goods to supplement their farming The earliest Iroquoian settlement in Toronto occurred around 900 CE. Iroquoian villages during this period were located on high fortified grounds with access to wetlands and waterways to facilitate hunting fishing trade and military operations. Iroquoian villages typically lasted a period of 10 to 20 years before its inhabitants relocated to a new site Several Huron villages dating back to the 1200s have been excavated in Toronto including a Huron ossuary in Scarborough From the 1300s to the 1500s the Iroquoian inhabitants of the area migrated north of Toronto joining the developing Huron confederacy. During this period the Huron confederacy used Toronto as a hinterland for hunting with the Toronto Passage continuing to see use as a north-south route Although Europeans did not visit Southern Ontario in the 16th century European goods had begun to make its way into the region as early as the late-1500s. During the 17th century nearly half of Southern Ontario's First Nations population was wiped out from as a result of the transmission of communicable diseases between Europeans and First Nations groups the population loss along with the desire to secure furs for trade saw the Iroquois Confederacy to the south defeat the Huron inhabitants of the area. Although some Huron refugees fled the area the majority were absorbed and eventually integrated into the Iroquois. After the Iroquois secured the Toronto area several Iroquois settlement of the north shore of Lake Ontario were established the Seneca (one of the five Iroquois nations) established two settlements in present day Toronto Teiaiagon near the Humber River and Ganatsekwyagon near the Rouge River the two communities provided the Iroquois control of the north-south passage in Toronto. Roman Catholic missionaries visited the two settlements in the 1660s and 1670s. However by 1687 the two settlements were abandoned by the Seneca In the 17th century the area was a crucial point for travel with the Humber and Rouge River providing a shortcut to the upper Great Lakes These routes were known as the Toronto Passage The Mississaugas arrived in the late 17th century driving out the occupying Iroquois and settling along the Lake Ontario shore including the Port Credit area Early European settlement.
Car accidents happen, Accidents with your legal representation should not. Contact our trusted team of experts for a free case evaluation.